Saturday, February 7, 2009
Hemingway Extra Credit
I think if I was a person who had been away from home and come back and been alienated, I'm sure I would have responded the way Kreb's did. I think he felt like he wasn't loved, or appreciated by the town for what he did; but they just didn't understand why he had come back so much later than everyone else who had been in the war. But because I have never been alienated the way he was it is hard to relate to him in this story. I can't imagine telling my mother that i don't love her or anyone. I think him being away in war, the people who loved him figured out how to get on with life, almost detatching themselves from the person in order to prepare themselves for the death perhaps, I am not very experienced in the field of sending loved ones to war; so that is just a guess.It's difficult to see his reasoning behind why he tells his mother he doesn't love her, or anyone for that matter. It's also difficult because we don't know much about his past before the war, except for that he was in college and in a fraternity. We don't know what his relationship was like with his family, or his friends before leaving for the war, I didn't really have anything to compare it with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment